Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Dream


I just write. I got up early and went to my faithful old Remington to record this dream. The Remington did something it has never done before. The keys wouldn't strike the page so I had to abandon my dear one to get down this dream before it drifted away and my mind reconstructed the damned thing to make sense of it. I need to take a good look at my Remington and see what I can do to repair it because it is where I usually type out my rants and dreams. It is so much more fulfilling for me to pound out stuff on its keys... so here is the dream:

In the dream she was there… she was there in the bed with me. I HELD HER TO MY BODY AND HER BODY MERGED WITH MINE. It was sweet and lovely and all that crap and I say crap because she left the bed... it wasn't even my bed after all. I followed her on a mountain trail … she protested… “Do you have to fuckin'  go where I go. Let me go.”
So I let her go as she went off the trail through a thicket. I saw her struggling through the briars and then, even against my will, I went up along side to where she was, causing her to protest once more, “Let me alone now. I hate you… Don’t you know? I want to get away from you!”
But why” I called out to her in the thicket, “weren’t we just together making love?”
“Don’t follow me… let me go my own way!”

I let her go and after that I saw her with another man in the dunes... yeh dunes... you know... a dream eh... they were making out… anger and longing mixed… “Why? What did I do wrong?” I raced across the sand as though I were flying… flying up to them... and turned last minute as though I were on skis… I sprayed sand on them as she grinned in a gesture that said, “I’m no longer yours… go away.”
I... my feet in boots not skies, like a skier flying past her and her new lover as they embraced, had sprayed her with sand… with sand… with sand... with sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment