Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A Pere Lachaise Walk About

  

Pere Lachaise was the Sun King Louis' confessor. It's only fitting that a man who was able to take Louis' secrets to the grave that a cemetery be named after him. Though what was known publicly of the curly headed tyrant's picadilloes was enough to make a Borgia blush, His Highness surely had a secret or two not ready for prime time. 

 I can't come to Paris without checking to see for myself where those famous bewigged in tights are entombed & partaking of their final dirt nap. Everyone who is anyone is put in the ground on the grounds there. I wanted to see where Oscar Wilde is no longer being wilder than anyone else there and to see the resting places of the cool and not so cool of bygone eras... Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Collette, Chopin, Moliere... all the hip & slick kids then.

 I wandered for a couple hours... read the map wrong... turned around after growing weary of not being able to take a picture of one or the other motivated mainly to do little more than to show off. Gotta say it was worth the time but my back can tolerate but a few hours of tourism each day... get back to my hotel room and dream of the dream I am having.

No comments:

Post a Comment